Tuesday, 16 October 2012
Reading some of these blogs about cooking makes me miss cooking and baking. Before my troubles I really enjoyed being in the kitchen and coming up with ideas of what I wanted to try out. I am not saying that I am a chef but others did enjoy some of the stuff that I done. I use to take homemade cupcakes to work and people would grab one throughout the day but it may have been because of the rum that was in the cake and frosting. Anyway the other things that I like to fix are simple things like pizza,taco pizza,pasta bake,lazy lasagna (not baked),stuffed bell peppers,cheesy meatloaf and my own sauce for the stuffed peppers/meatloaf. I use a pre made pizza crust to save time plus it is easier but adding extra flavor to it makes it taste better.
I do look online for recipes which is where I found the Spiced Pumpkin Cake but I do like to watch cooking shows on YouTube. Here are some of them.
I haven't been able to try any of the recipes yet but my sister did and it was good and simple.
I hate beans but I can put thee away like if they were ice cream on a hot day.
Here is the recipe for the Spiced Pumpkin Layer Cake that I use for my cupcakes.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut plus additional for garnish
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar (measured, then sifted)